Re: too much delay between TCF and +FDR?

> any idea what this means? can't find it in the FAQ, and we are seeing
> this a LOT! (USR Sportster)

No.  Because you have deleted the output from Hylafax that caused
the modem to generate an "ERROR" response.  Some additional context
before this may also be needed.

> thnx
>
> Feb 18 11:59:34.56: [  333]: --> [5:ERROR]
> Feb 18 11:59:34.56: [  333]: MODEM Command error
> Feb 18 11:59:34.56: [  333]: REMOTE HANGUP: Unspecified Phase C error,
> including too much delay between TCF
  ^^^^^^^^^
   This indicates that this is a guess at the probable cause.  The symptom
   is a modem ERROR response to the command you have deleted.

> and +FDR command (code 90)

The meaning of code 90 will be documented in the EIA specs for this Class
of fax modem.  Rockwell publish the details relevant to their modems,
but I don't believe USR publish anything about their fax mode.

Phase C is image transmission and the associated modem training.

I think TCF is an indication of the end of the previous page and +FDR is
a command to enter the image transmission mode.