Re: help with configuring USR modem!?

I think the best advice we can give is to go an buy another modem. :-)

You can sometimes get these things to work in Class 1 mode, however
they are extremely buggy modems.

I would suggest a Multitech modem of some sort.

Damian

Yi Zhao wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just install HylaFax 4.0 for my RedHat Linux 5.0 PC, the modem is a US
> Robotics internal 56k data/fax/voice (comes with dell computer). If anyone out
> there already successfully get HylaFax work in the similar situation. Please
> post or send to me the configuration files. I really appreciate! Thanks!
>
> Yi Zhao
> The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
> to this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorised.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
> and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice
> contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions
> expressed in any applicable governing ING Barings' terms of business or
> client engagement letter.

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.
*
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia
*
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344
*
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228
*