Unspecified Transmit Phase B error (code 20)

Hello there,

	I installed HylaFax the other day...

Software
--------
HylaFax v4.0.2 under FreeBSD 2.2.8R

Hardware
--------
Generic Modem (store worker claimed it was U.S. Robotics compatible and
faxaddmodem also "thought" it was U.S. Robotics); 33.6Kbps; Class 1, Class
2.0; V32bis, V.FC, V.34+; Texas Instruments RK 33600 Chipset (as far as I
can tell)

Problem
-------
I want to setup Hylafax in send only mode so I set RingsBeforeAnswer (or
whatever it's called) to 0.  faxq, hfaxd, faxmodem all seem to work fine.
I can use sendfax or whfc (from Win95) to submit a fax to the send queue.
HylaFAX will dial out to whomever and will ALWAYS return a "Unspecified
Transmit Phase B error (code 20)" error.  I've tried many different fax
recipients.  I assume the problem is with the modem.  I tried the
Class2DDISCmd "fix" but then the modem won't even dial out due to
an error that reads "Unable to setup session paramters".  I tried
switching the speed down to 19200 and changing the flow control to xonxoff
(software) with no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

					- Mujtaba Ali