Is this a bug?

Hello,

we just encountered a problem with HylaFax and German Umlaute (you know these
two dots above a, u and o).

Whenever I send a "standard" mail with the line

in it's header, all the characters are converted into PS and sent through the
fax as they should be.

When someone sends a mail with

in the header, the faxmail program (or one of the CIME handlers) doesn't take
care of the Content-Type of the particular MIME-part, thus leaving a blank for
every Umlaut.
I checked out the PS files that come out of faxmail and in the latter case all
the "ISOLatin1Encoding" stuff is missing.

So my questions are:

Is this a bug or just a misconfiguration of one of the programs around faxmail?
I've read a lot of manpages these days and couldn't find an option to force
faxmail to use the ISO-8859 encoding.

Can I give all PS outputs a standard header to force ISO-8859 encoding, and if
yes, how can I do so?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Gerhard Stroessner.

The National Short-Sleeved Shirt Association says:
        Support your right to bare arms!

E-Mail: Gerhard Stroessner <gerhard@hof.net>
am 20-Jan-99 um 19:48:47 Uhr