Re: Pick on RH Linux to Hylafax

I have done something like this.

How I did it was to replace the unix print filter/driver script with a
small perl script to extract the fax number and other relevant
information, and then pipe the fax document through textfmt and sendfax.

I have attached the script I use as an example.  The coverfax and openfax
subroutines send a coverpage-only fax and normal text-document fax,
respectively.  The extraction part will not work for you unless you have
Jenkon's AutoFax product (in which case you are to be pitied).

~ John Williams

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Mark Laurence wrote:

> I use a Pick database to send faxes to an old DOS server that can
> obtain the fax number from within the text section of the document
> being sent.
> eg
> #fax#1234567      this is the fax number
>
> This is the text section of the fax to be sent
>
> #include#tif.file     this will attach an image to the end of the fax
>
> The pick system can send a document to a Linux printer with no
> problems. I do not think it is capable of providing a job name or
> number.
>
> Can anyone advise if Hylafax could be used with imbedded text
> commands.
> Or has anyone had to interface a similar text based system to a
> fax server?
>
> Any response would be appreciated.
>
> regards
> mark laurence

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\fax.htm"