Re: not using faxgetty

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Bavo De Ridder wrote:

> I am currently planning to buy a (external) faxmodem that is capable of
> buffering faxes. It will probably be a US Robotics Message Plus. This modem
> uses standard AT commands, so regular operation won't be a problem.

I'm just wondering what's gained by using a buffering modem with HylaFAX.
Outside of the usual warnings about USR modems, just what extra abilities
does a buffering facility offer over the status quo? The only thing I can
think of is that a buffering faxmodem might be able to reset itself faster
after an attempt or transmission, but offhand I can't think of anything
else.

Is it really worth the bother?
evan leibovitch, starnix inc. / ___><_  __><___ \/ __>| __ \| |\_ \/ _/
email: evan@starnix.com       \____\  | |_ / __ | |   | | | | | _>  <_
http://www.starnix.com         professional linux services and products