Connetcting modem to Computone

To the list:

I would appreciate it if anyone could share any ideas as to what I
need to do to get a modem to work correctly with a Computone
serial port board.

First, some background: I'm running HylaFAX V4.0 PL2 on an SCO
OpenServer 5.0.5 box with a Computone ISA-4RJ 4-port board.
I have a MultiTech MT2834ZDXb modem.  HylaFAX works perfectly
when I hook up the modem to a standard serial port (COM1/COM2)
using a standard serial port cable.  "FaxAddModem" finds the
modem, probes it successfully, and everything installs and works
O.K.

Now I need to hook up the modem to the Computone serial board so
that I can use multiple modems for outbound fax services on a
single system.  However, when I hook the modem to the Computone
board using the following standard RJ45 to DB25 adapter, "FaxAddModem"
can't probe the modem (or talk to it using the -s option):

Computone RJ-45    Signal     Modem DB-25
      1              CTS           5
      2              DTR          20
      3              TXD           2
      4              GND           7
      5              DCD           8
      6              RXD           3
      7              RTS           4
      8

However, it is worth noting that there is some sort of communication
going on because "FaxAddModem" turns the "TR" light on the modem off
and on.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look?  Is this a cabling
issue?  Does it require a change to entries in the gettydefs file?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chen Coulter
software_sourcery@bigfoot.com