Re: missing libfaxutil.a

Phil Watkinson wrote:

> At 10:04 25/11/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >Hi Phil,
> >
> >I use gcc to compile, 'file /usr/bin/gcc' indicates that it is
> >version 1 ???)
> >so I wonder whether I need the patch at all.
> >
> >Which file that I need to apply the patch? I guess, that if I need
> >the patch the only file that I need to apply the diff is FileSystem.c++
> >in the all directory?
> >

> Hi.
>
> Ah, well gcc is usually just a link to various flavours of the compiler,
> do a 'gcc -v' at the prompt to see which is yours. Something like :
>
> [root /root]# gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
> gcc version 2.7.2.3
> [root /root]#
>
> You can see I'm running the 'old' 2.7.2.3 on which HylaFAX compiles
> fine. If your machine has the newer 2.8.0 or 2.8.1 then you need the
> patches. Robert's web page also has the instructions.
>
> Having read all this, you may prefer to simply use a binary package;
> that's what I do. Go to the new site ftp://ftp.hylafax.org and have
> a browse in pub/hylafax/binary (think that's the path).
>
> HTH
>
> Cheers,
> Phil Watkinson.

Hi Phil,

Thanks a lot for your recommendation to use the straight binary source from

the hylafax.org.  I am currently down load it and try it out.

there are 2 files in the rpms  directory, I guess that i need the file that
has
larger size.

this would solve my problem, I won't bother to find out what went wrong
in the compilation. My compiler  (gcc) has the 2.7.2.3 version, just like
yours.
It should compile, but there must be somethings wrong along the line.

thanks again for your help.

How is life on the other side of the pacific?

Dean