retry after "unable to configure modem for fax use..."

Linux 2.0.33 HylaFAX 4.0pl1, send-only.

Sometimes, randomly, a fax fails and the log shows the error "unable to
configure modem for fax use...".

I think this is due to the interaction of the fax and uugetty on the same
port (uugetty sometimes gives a login prompt to Hylafax....).
I'm trying to solve the problem, however, in the meantime I'd like to tell
Hylafax to retry to send a fax when it encounters such an error.
Is this possible? Why does Hylafax retry for a "no carrier" or a "check
modem power", but not for a "unable to configure..."?

Thanks
Giulio.