Re: faxrm takes always 60secs (not 59, not 61) to remove a job :(

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Giulio wrote:

> HylaFAX  Version 4.0pl1
> Linux 2.0.33
>
> When I issue the 'faxrm <id>' command it takes always 60secs to complete;
> being so precise I suspect there's something I inadvertedly set to make it
> act this way. What may be?

Sounds suspiciously like a DNS timeout to me.

> Moreover how I disable the sending of email messages through sendmail?; I
> don't use sendmail and faxrm always sends a message when it removes a fax
> from the queue, so I suspect it tries to use sendmail without success and
> for this reason it waits so long.

Yes, this could be related. My theory is that whichever MTA you're using
(instead of sendmail) is issuing a DNS query, which then times out. How
are you resolving DNS queries on your Fax Server?
--
Jonathan Chen                |     "In prosperity our friends know us;
<jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>        |      in adversity we know our friends."