faxrm takes always 60secs (not 59, not 61) to remove a job :(

HylaFAX  Version 4.0pl1
Linux 2.0.33

When I issue the 'faxrm <id>' command it takes always 60secs to complete;
being so precise I suspect there's something I inadvertedly set to make it
act this way. What may be?

Moreover how I disable the sending of email messages through sendmail?; I
don't use sendmail and faxrm always sends a message when it removes a fax
from the queue, so I suspect it tries to use sendmail without success and
for this reason it waits so long.

TIA.