Re: now, for the windows client :/

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> have a look on the whfc-faq topic "Why must i enter a password"

Hello,

I have looked at the faq on the web, I cannot find any such topic.

I do however see a few other relevant ones, including questions Q55, Q56,
Q102,Q104, and Q105.  I have read the info on Q104, I have also read the
hosts man page.  I must say, I am less than thrilled right now, becuase,
after reading that, it still does not work.Now, I apologize for sounding
like your standard windows user.  I don't pretend to be.  I simply would
like a little more clarification as to if anyone can determine if my hosts
entry is wrong.  I apologize as well for not including the entry in my
usee anythign wrong with it please let me know.(It is assumed that this
entry will give all users in our domain the ability to fax, without any
regards to a specific username or password, or even user id)

^.*@*\.rand\.com$:::

does there appear to be anything wrong with this that it wont work right?
or is it just fine, and my problem lies more in the client?

thanks for any help,
Josh

> > also, can someone point me to a quick howto as to how  to get the client
> > set up for faxing in windows?
>
> You should find all informations on the bugs&installation page.
>
> Uli
>
> --
> Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
> Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)
> Cgi-Sicherheitsbohrung in EWS (regen Sie für Webservers auf)
> [Translation from an english text to german by AltaVista]

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.