Re: now, for the windows client :/

I have readthe hosts(4) man page, and much as I think I understand it I
believe I have set it up so that users can print/fax from any host on our
network using any username with no password, but the whfc client still
disagrees with me.

I will try it thought to set up a user(from ADDUSER in the hylafax server
connection) with username and password, and see if that helps.. but first
I need a valid authorization string and that I am not too sure on(I think
i have it right, but since it fails I can't be certain(as in, what fails?
whfc, or my hosts entry?)

hope I didn't lose you with that stream of thought above, tia for any
suggestions,
Josh

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Josh Duncan wrote:
>
> > i run whfc.  i set it up for the modem server okay, and it can talk to the
> > modem server.  I set up access in the modem server so that no user would
> > need a password to print, but the client still asks me for a password.  if
> > i provide one, it gives me an erorr(obviously, wrong password) if i dont
> > provide one, it gives me an erorr that i must login with user and pass.  i
> > would really like to avoid this(having to enter in a password)  is there
> > something i am doing wrong, or is it just the client that I am using?
>
> What are the contents of /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts? Have you set this
> up correctly with reference to the hosts(4) man-entry?
>
> > from the program, what i want t do and hope that i can, but dont know how
> > to do is this: have people be able to print, from say word or excel, by
> > selecting the fax printer, and that would send the fax(based on
> > configuration in whfc, and probably some user-entered string as to where
> > to send it to, details etc)  does anyone have any idea of what im talking
> > about or how to do it, or suggestions for what you have done that may be
> > similar to this?
>
> Essentially, that's what whfc does.
> Jonathan Chen                                 <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.