Re: Problem with fax-out server --NOW WORKING :)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply :)

It turns out, I had run the faxaddmodem script, then the faxmodem script,
but it still wasn't working.  however, when I ran faxgetty on the serial
port, then it worked, and faxed out a document for me.  So it seems like
the faxmodem script jst wsn't doing the job right for me, thanks for
pointing me to try faxgetty(I hadn't before because i assumed i wouldn't
need it for a fax-out-only serversuch as I was trying to do at the time,
now i'll just use it cuz it works :)

i'll keep everyone posted as to my progress,should i encounter any more
troubles, thanks to al who offered advice :)

Josh

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Mr. Arlington Hewes wrote:

> You need to run faxgetty to bring the modem to life. You _could_ use the
> faxmodem command, but HylaFAX is really meant to have faxgetty managing the
> modems. I believe faxsetup offers to configure a modem for you and run a
> faxgetty (or faxmodem), but you appear not to have done that, since:
>
> duncan@msmd.com said:
> > when i do a faxstate i get this:
> > # /usr/local/sbin/faxstate /dev/cua/b
> > FIFO._dev_cua_b: open: No such file or directory
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Darren

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.