Change ps2fax, its correct ?

Hi.
I'm trying to instal Hylafax 4.01 in a Linux , using gs 4.0 and a modem
Rockwell.
I'm having some problems when I send documents from windoze in Letter
format or landscape. Trying to find out the problem, I've made some
changes in the ps2fax file. Now it works fine, but I don't know if
they're right.
Changes :
I have change the paper's size, when it says :
1728x280|1728x279) paper=a4;;
*x296|*x297) paper=letter;;
*x364) paper=b4;;
And know it works ... but I don't know if this is going to make the
system inestable.

One more problem ... I'm sorry :-) :

I have to show my boss that is a good system ( in truth I'd like to
change all NT to Linux ), so I have to make some tests to the system,
and I find a problem sending two faxes at the same time. This is the
problem :
-Modem does not support document page width, max page width 2432 pixels,
image width 1686 pixels" .

This problems happens without changing ps2fax too.

Someone knows why ?

Thanks.