Re: hfaxd: Cannot set privileges

  MA> the bottom line is also: we will never find out the reason for this
  MA> problem (showing up from time to time) if there is noone out there who
  MA> wants to follow through this problem or give us more information or root
  MA> access to the box if all other does not help;

Now _that_ is helpful. You've told us:

	1. It's a recurring problem
	2. It's worth following up
	3. With root access, someone might be willing to debug this (assuming
		the original poster is unable to).

That would brighten my day if I had posted to the list looking for help.

  MA> Okay, now you've lost me. Since I'm in over my head, I will now bow out
  MA> of this conversation, and assume that the original poster understands
  MA> your reply, and what to do to debug the problem. My point was, is, and
  MA> will continue to be, if we EXPECT people to try to figure out what's
  MA> wrong with their setup by grepping source code, we're expecting too much.

  MA> having the source is a *big* chance to figure out a problem;

Oh, it's an enormously powerful tool if you know how to use it. But, the prevalence of binary distributions (RedHat RPM is only one of them) suggests that some people just don't have a clue.

It's OK to spew out source code and technical replies - you're a very helpful guy. Please just keep us mere mortals in mind now and again.

Let's take this off list now - I think we both have gotten our points across. Sorry to cause the fuss, but you prefaced C++ source code with word simple, and there oughta be a law against that ;-)

-Darren