Re: HylaFAX and RPM's

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Dave Parker wrote:

> >Well, FYI I've finished adding my wishlist to the RPM, and once I build in
> >Nico's stuff I'll be looking for people to give it a try. The previous author
> >broke out man pages and html docs into separate packages, something I've yet
> >to remove, but plan to. Da' people need da' dox, I say.
>
> Yes.  The docs are great.  There are an awful lot of 'em, but this ain't
> M$ we're talkin' about here!

Hi, Dave.

There's no need to make separate RPMs for code and docs. There's a
facility within RPM that allows a packager to flag files as documentation,
that can be treated separately at install and query time.

For instance,

rpm -qd pine

will display the pine documentation on a system (assuming that pine was
installed using RPM).

Evan Leibovitch * Xunil Computing * Brampton, Ontario, Canada * www.xunil.com
 Supporting Intel-based Unix and Linux since 1985 * Caldera & SCO authorized
                  Ask me about the Toronto Linux Users Group