Re: HylaFAX RPM

Nico Garcia wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 1998 darren.nickerson@balliol.ox.ac.uk wrote:

                   [...text deleted...]

>What? The distribution 3.33 in RedHat 5.0 worked great, and the
>contributed gs-5.10 RPM's and fonts in the published RedHat ftp site
>were inconsistent with each other and could not be installed. It caused
>real grief. Please don't insist that people do unnecessary upgrades
>of their software, since we don't have control over the quality of
>the published contributed versions.

But building a new installation of HylaFAX from scratch, using all the
latest source code from the sgi and gs sites was not that difficult.  And
you have the choice of going strictly by the book (the HylaFAX and gs
docs that come with the current source code) or customizing for your
installation.  The 'by the book' method has worked well enough for me that
I've not been tempted to try to modify any of the defaults except as
recommended in the 'Building Ghostscript for HylaFAX' doc.  That's enough
control for me.
--
Dave Parker/DLP, Inc     dlparker@dlpinc00.com