HylaFAX RPM

	(cc'd to the HylaFAX list in case discussion is warranted)

Greetings Ramana,

I would like you to release a new HylaFAX RPM ;-)

I'm planning to release an rpm which requires yours, but I am unhappy with a
few things . . I would be happier for you to address them, but I am prepared to
build a more conventional HylaFAX rpm in-house if need be. I have fetched and
installed your hylafax-4.0-7 rpm, running on RH5.

First and foremost, I would like the choice of running hfaxd from inetd or as a
standalone daemon left to the user. Many of our TPC cells get pounded - running
from inetd is a non-starter for such cells. I understand you are trying to make
it easy for the amateur, but you (IMHO) must cater to the power-user as well,
this MUST be an end-user choice.

Secondly, can you fix faxcron? At the moment it's trying to run xferstats,
when it should be looking for xferfaxstats, according to your mods. At the
moment it's just plain broken. When fixed, please will you run it from
cron.daily, and have it send mail to faxmaster with the result.

Thirdly, will you please run faxqclean from /etc/cron.hourly.

Fourth, and maybe this is just me, but if the luser decided to run from inetd,
you've got to kill -HUP it in %post or you get:

[darren@roam ~]$ faxstat -s
Can not reach server at host "localhost", port 4559.

which has gotta be pretty damn confusing for the poor wanna-be faxmaster.

Fifth, please can you add a little more indenting to the left margin of the
typerules entry? It's often clipped with modern fax machines.

# This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
#
0       ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold\
                                                    -p 11 -s %s >%o <%i
could be something like:

# This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
#
0       ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold\
                                                   -Ml=0.5 -p 11 -s %s >%o <%i

Finally, your rpm seems to add a faxgetty entry for /dev/modem in inittab
independent of whether I configure a modem or not. That's broken - lines
like this may be suggested to the end-user, but your implementation assumes
one modem, assumes that all other programs are locking it as /dev/modem, and
assumes that the user wants to run it from init. Again, I feel this has to be
left to the end user. Document it as something to do after installing and
running faxsetup perhaps.

That's it! ;-) Whatcha think?

-Darren