Re: HylaFAX RPM

At 22:32 22/05/98 +0200, darren.nickerson@balliol.ox.ac.uk wrote:

>	(cc'd to the HylaFAX list in case discussion is warranted)
>
>Greetings Ramana,
>
>I would like you to release a new HylaFAX RPM ;-)

Hi Darren,

There is a later rpm for HylaFAX, available in the ftp RedHat contrib
directory or its mirrors :

	hylafax-4.0-8.i386.rpm	10 Feb 1998		1004409 bytes

This is an extract from the info file :

Group       : Applications/Communications
Source RPM: hylafax-4.0-8.src.rpm
Size        : 3069196
Packager    : Bernd Johannes Wuebben <wuebben@kde.org>
Summary     : [snip]
Description : [snip]
# A previous version of this spec file was handed to me by
# Ramana Juvvadi (juvvadi@lekha.org)
# who unfortunately can no longer provide rpms of hylafax.
# Thanks so much for you work Ramana!
# Bernd

Mr. Wuebben is a major participant with the K Desktop project and I wonder
where maintaining the HylaFAX rpm is in his list of priorities - if you can
show the enthusiasm and the commitment the job could be yours?

The HylaFAX community does need a solid, reliable rpm package - it is so
often the way people are introduced to the software in the first place. We
have been well served by Matthew Rice and Ramana Juvvadi in the past and we
need to carry that on with someone who runs and has an interest in HylaFAX.

I hope you can feel you can make the contribution.

Discussion *is* warranted; Ramana decided that in some aspects the rpm should
'plough its own furrow' and I think it would be a good idea to have a general
agreement on some of the controversial matters.

My suggestion to start the ball rolling; could we have the patch level in the
rpm filename - ie hylafax-4.0.2-9.i386.rpm ?

Regards,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.