Hylafax related Problem: Printing TIFF´s with Winword in low Resolution (204x98)

Hello Hylafaxers!

maybe somebody has the same Problem:

Too generate a huge amount of faxes (>2000) we use Microsoft Winword 97
in combination
with a Fax Printer Driver and ODBC Database Connection. We tried the
Microsoft Personal Fax
Printerdriver and Blackice´s TIFF Printer Driver. These Drivers got two
possible Resolutions:
fine (204x196) and low (204x98).

Printing to file in fine resolutions works fine. Printing in low
resolution breaks up part of the graphics
and the content of all Winword "Textboxes". So part of the document is
Ok. The other part is strechted
by the factor of ca. 2 in height.

Now my theory is that so called Desktop Publishing Programs (this
happens also with Software from Real
Programmes ,-) only supports symmetric DPI-Printing values. 204x98 is
not symmetric and probably they
use only the 204er value and so all the graphics and textboxes breaks
up.

Now I tried to generate 300x300 tiffs, scaling them after to 204x98, but
quality is really poor.

A workaround may be to program the printer driver in order to "fake" the
values it communicates to
the DTP. The Problem is: I´m not able to do this.

So, somebody of you got a Solution or a Workaround ? Please dont Answer
"use fine mode". If you
send 3000 faxes per week this may really be a point of cost.

Thanx in advance !!

Sincerly yours,

Christoph Stotz
logo: GmbH