Problems with inbound fax calls from outside of the site

Hi there,

  I have the following problem: I can receive faxes from all fax machines
which we have here at the site. (Sending faxes is also no problem).
But: Calls from outside get no response.  faxgetty picks up the phone when
the other sides hangs up. But then it's already to late and it complains
about "no carrier". The ring frequency from outside telephones is a little
faster than from site phones. I haven't set up distinctive ring support.
Is this problem known and if yes how can I solve it?

Jo

U.S. Robotics Sportster Flash 56000 Rev. 10.3.80

Linux 2.0.27

ModemType:              Class2.0
ModemRate:              115200
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATM1L0 ATM1L1 ATM1L2 ATM1L3"
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0
Class2CQQueryCmd:       !(0),(0)
Class2NRCmd:            AT+FNR=1,1,1,0

 | Dr. Joachim Metge                            e-mail: jmetge@esrf.fr    |
 | European Synchrotron Radiation Facility                                |
 | Nuclear Resonance Group                      Tel   : +33 4 76.88.27.29 |
 | BP220                                        FAX   : +33 4 76.88.26.69 |
 | F-38043 Grenoble Cedex                                                 |
 |                   http://www.esrf.fr/exp_facilities/bl11/handbook.html |