Source for 2D Encoding

I am just looking through the source code and I am having trouble
finding exactly where the 2d-encoding is done.  I found the EXPAND2D
macro in tif_fax3.h which decodes the 2D compression, but I see nothing
similar for encoding 2D.  As far as I can tell, G3Encoder.c++ does
strictly 1D.

Is there code for 2D compression included in the package (V4.0pl2)?  If
so, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\vcard9.vcf"