Re: fax standards and Hylafax on NT

At 17:07 02/03/1998 +0100, Buday Gergely <buday@lhsystems.hu> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for standards about faxing. I've found RFC 804 for Group 3
>Faxing, but still looking for a description of  TIFF class F, Group 4
>ISDN) fax, and so on. I'm new to faxing, so interested in an
>introduction to fax internals, list of relevant file formats, etc.

You may be also interested in the future of faxing which is being
developed in the Group 5 draft specification by the G5 Messaging Forum.
Their website is :

		http://www.group5forum.org/

>From what I can gather, it adds on top of Group 3 fax the ability to
handle MIME encoded email with internal routing at the receiver's end.

The design objective that the faxed document would be legally admissible
as evidence, plus the ability to use encryption, is behind the marketing
of Group 5 as 'corporate class' email.

Later,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston UK.