Re: Help compiling tiff and hylafax4.12

> Please can somebody kind enough to help me out.
> I am running Irix 6.3 SGI O2 with gcc 2.7.2.2 with the IDO package from
> SGI.
> I am having problems when i run the make command. The process looks for
> nroff and i have no idea what that file is and how to get it for my

nroff is the text formatter used to format man pages; it will be needed
either to format the man pages (systems without nroff tend to need
preformatted man pages, or possibly as one of the document preprocessor,
although I would expect its brother troff in that context, and wouldn't
expect a build failure (I've not checked if there is a rule for faxing
*roff documents).  Gnu's groff would be the normal substitute, if,
like with SCO, you can't license the original from your vendor; normal
FSF sites.

You don't absolutely need it if you can make alternative arrangements
for reading the man pages, but don't try using Hylafax without access
to them.