Re: Adaptive answer.

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Thomas Unger wrote:

> Hi again.  I'm running HylaFax 4.0 on freebsd with a ZOOM K56.
>
> I've hooked up this modem and have started working with getting it to
> work.  In hand tests it seems to do adaptive answer BUT for data mode
> I need to have the following occur:
>
>   1)  modem says "RING"
>   2)  send command "ATA"
>   3)  modem says "DATA"
>   4)  send command "ATO"
>   5)  modem says "CONNECT xxxx"

Try idling in class 0 (ie data) mode instead, and this may eliminate
the manual switching with ATO that appears that you're having to do.
At a guess, you could possibly enable this with

	ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1;AT+FCLASS=0

or
	ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=0

(some modems hate the `;')
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460