Re: MultiTech MT2834ZDXV recommendation?

> I do send 2000+ a day.  Our record day is 4041 in 24 hours on 7 modems.  All the
> faxes are 1 to 2 pages, no cover sheets and all are US (local) numbers.
>
> Here is my config file for one of the modems:  (The FAXnumber and LocalId are
> commented out :)
>
> ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # default
> #
> ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&E4           # hardware flow control

One odd thing about the Multitech modems is the the AT&En values
are not mutually exclusive like most AT commands.  AT&E4 sets cts
flow control from modem to the computer.  However you also need
AT&E13 (pacing on) for flow control the other direction from
the computer to the modem via rts if the computer can't keep up
with inbound data.  You can issue this command as AT&E4&E13 and
the modem will work with hardware flow control for both fax and
data.

  Les Mikesell
    les@mcs.com