Re: Scaling of faxes during printing

Jim Wildman wrote:

> Subject: flexfax: Scaling of faxes during printing

The subject is confusing - it implies the image was shrunken whereas the
text implies that it was clipped.

> When I print them (to a LaserJet 5 spooled from a HPUX box running JetDirect)
> using fax2ps I get the top left quarter of the page.  Where's the rest of it???

This sounds a bit like a printer memory problem, although Postscript printers
usually have enough memory to image a whole page, and non-Postscript printers
normally break up the page into horizontal blocks and print them on several
sheets.

fax2ps works on all the junk faxes I've tried, and these are often high
resolution.  fax2ps doesn't use ghostscript, it's based on the TIFF tools,
for which you don't quote a version number.  However, a simple check
of the converted file should indicate whether there is a full fax image
worth of data (I think the image is the original image and final scaling
is done in the printer, so you are looking for 100x200 or 200x200 dpi, not
300x300 or 600x600.