Re: Re: MS WORD format files

At 01:15 PM 8/23/97 +0800, Super-User wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Evil Pete wrote:
>> > does anyone know of ANY way to convert microsoft word documents for
fax in
>> > an automated way?  has anyone even heard rumors of a unix ms-word
>>
>> if you use proprietary software with proprietary formats, you get what
>> you pay for...
>
>it's not me, it's everyone else.  and i've got to serve everyone else.

This may not be the best of all solutions. But, I require any customer
using my FAX facilities to send in Postscript format. WinWord, in all
incarnations, has postscript printer drivers. I make my users use them. I
get some gripes, but I don't get the problem you're complaining of either.
I am working on another choice (PDF) but not all my WinWord users have
Acrobat3/PDFwriter and it *is* quite expensive(~$300).

If you wanted to be sadistic, you could force plain-text <evil grin>.

Right now, I'm trying to get sendmail to bounce WinWord attachments to my
FAX service.
Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		rmeyer@mhsc.com
web pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer