Re: Re: MS WORD format files

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> >it's not me, it's everyone else.  and i've got to serve everyone else.
>
> This may not be the best of all solutions. But, I require any customer
> using my FAX facilities to send in Postscript format. WinWord, in all
> incarnations, has postscript printer drivers. I make my users use them. I
> get some gripes, but I don't get the problem you're complaining of either.
> I am working on another choice (PDF) but not all my WinWord users have
> Acrobat3/PDFwriter and it *is* quite expensive(~$300).
>
> If you wanted to be sadistic, you could force plain-text <evil grin>.
>
> Right now, I'm trying to get sendmail to bounce WinWord attachments to my
> FAX service.

that's actually a pretty good idea, until you can support it, bounce it.
i can't ask anyone to send in postscript, coz they won't even know they're
sending to a fax.  it's just transparent.  and the customer is the one
receiving, not the one sending.
if somebody tries to send a word attachment, having the mail returned
would be better than having it disappear into thin air.  they could at
least know that it won't work, and contact the email recipient directly to
fax a hardcopy or something.

please let me know if/when/how you get that working with sendmail :-)