Re: Unknown mailer error 255 & 500 PASS:Syntax error

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Sherri Vanyek wrote:

I am trying to use the fax-gateway via /etc/aliases.  I am able to get the
faxmail command to work from a user on the system at the command
prompt so I know that the Rob.Carlson@2802492 is working.  I need
HELP!!!!!!!!
554 "|/usr/local/sbin/faxmail | /usr/local/sbin/sendfax -d
Rob.Carlson@2804392 -n"  (unrecoverable error)
    (expanded from: <rob.carlson>)
Password:
Login failed: 500 'PASS ': Syntax error, expecting password.
554 "|/usr/local/sbin/faxmail | /usr/local/sbin/sendfax -d
Rob.Carlson@2804392 -n"... unknown mailer error 255

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Sherri Vanyek
ITS Department
American Library Association
svanyek@ala.org
=======

Same problem I had.. check the directory where the converting programs are
(ps2??? files) and try running them from the command line.. I had a
problem where when I ran those they would not find the cache file for hyla
fax (due the converting programs looking in the WRONG etc directory for
its needed files)

Jim