Re: Hylafax and PPP?

At 09:33 AM 7/29/97 +1000, Robert Colquhoun wrote:
>At 16:28 28/07/97 +0200, Sven Arndt wrote:
>
>>I would like to use a single modem to recieve faxes and to let people
>>log  in (using PPP).
>
>Hello Sven
>You need to get a copy of mgetty (from Sunsite or wherever)
>
>Get hylafax to look at mgetty for its getty and egetty programs
>
>Run faxgetty on each modem setting
>	GettyArgs: "-r -b -s 38400 %l"
>
>Enable AutoPPP in mgetty's login.config
>and in mgetty.config something like:
>	port ttyS*
>		direct y
>		toggle-dtr n

I was looking at doing the same thing but ran into an unanswered question;
Does this mean I'd have to disable mgetty's FAX recieve abilities? I was
thinking to run mgetty instead of faxgetty, would this not work?
Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:		rmeyer@mhsc.com
web pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer