Re: faxgetty doesn't take over the serial port

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Ofri Sadowsky wrote:

>I installed HylaFAX Facsimile Software, Version 4.0pl1 on a Silicon
>Graphics O2 workstation operating on IRIX 6.3. I have a US-Robotics
>Sprortster modem, through which I can send faxes sucessfully. I wanted
>to set the modem to receive inbound DATA calls only (not fax).

 If you don't need to receive faxes, you don't need faxgetty..

>UNTIL i sent a fax document. After the send, faxgetty did not take
>control of the port, and I had to kill it and have it respawned by
>init() in order for the DTE-DCE connection to be on again (it turns off
>right after the end of the send session).
>The same thing happens if I use uugetty instead of faxgetty.

 I'll try to use uugety to get the incoming data calls. I had a problem
like this.. when Hylafax hangs de modem, it leaves it in an undesired
state, y solved that adding the command
 ModemOnHookCmd:         ATH0S0=1
in my /var/spool/fax/etc/config.cua_a configuration.