Re: Wordperfect - Fax

First, thanks for all the reply to this question.

Here is how I finally make this working :

I am using HylaFax4.0, running on ScoUnix Opensever, I also
have Wordperfect 5.2,6.0 installed on this machine.

Step 1:
You need a postscript printer driver to make this working, Wordperfect
comes with these drivers, but by default, the installation will not
install any postscript driver.  So, I have to do a
	winstall -p
which allow me to install more driver from .all files.  I choosed HPIIIP
PostScript Driver.

Step 2:
Run xwppmgr under root to add a printer, I choose HPIIIP PostScript, I
believe which printer you choose does not matter, because I choose the
destination to Disk.  I specified the out name as <doc>.ps,  So, now,
any document you print with this printer driver will create a PostScript
file with the extension .ps.   At this point, at least you shall able to
send this PostScript file out as fax.

Step 3:
However, have all the users first print to a ps file, then send out the ps
file is troublesome, so we can automate this little more by having the
sendfax do the automatic conversion.  The wprint program comes with WP can
do the printing for you.  However, due to some unknown reason ( I guess
you can find it out if you have a support contact from Corel ), wprint in
WP6.0 cannot accept a destination as Disk.  * Or I don't know how to
specify the destination as Disk, I try many different ways.
The workaround is to run the
	xwpdest*
program from WP, create a dummy destination. I call it fax which point to
Custom Command, I change the command to "<f>", since there is only a
filename there, so I think this means do nothing.  Now, you shall able to
run the following command :

	wprint -f myfile.ps -o fax -p hplj3pps.prs myfile

*Notice that WP does not seen to follow the command exactly, but it does
generate the myfile.ps file.  NOT EXACTLY means it will not use the ps
file name you gave.

Step 4:
Now, you are ready to make change to the typerules.
I put the following at the end of the typerules file :
-------cut here-----
# The following send out Wordperfect file directly
0       byte            0xff            ps      %F/wp2ps %i >%o
--------------------

Step 5:
Create the wp2ps script file as
-------cut here--------
#!/bin/sh
# wp2ps - output Postscript from a WP file
# - Make sure the fax destination is defined.
#   It shall defined as Custom command, with <f> only
# - Make sure a postscript printer is defined
#   It shall have destination to Disk, with <doc>.ps
#   In my case, I choose HP Laser IIIP Postscript printer

/usr/wp/shbin10/wprint -f $1.ps -o fax -p hplj3pps.prs $1

#wait for the wprint to finish
while [ ! -f $1.ps ]; do
    sleep 1
done

#cat the file to standard output
cat $1.ps

#delete the ps file now.
rm $1.ps
-----------------------

Step 6:

	sendfax -n -d 2337266 my_wordperfect_document

NOTICE :

- I am not an expert on HylaFax nor Wordperfect, this is just how I made
it working, this may not be the best way or the only way.

- Beware that Wordperfect probably has different fonts with the gs package
you installed. So, I found sometime your wordperfect documents may not be
sent out because the gs cannot generate the fax images.  The safest way is
to use the same fonts which support by the gs package under WP.

   		 Project Manager & Database Administrator
   Jeff So	 Intersoft System Ltd (Travelsurf)
   		 URL     : http://www.travelsurf.com
   		 Email   : jcs@travelsurf.com
  	 	 Address : #555, 333, 11th Ave. S.W, Calgary, AB, Ca
	 	 Tel     : (403)5430078	 Fax     : (403)2337266