Re: HELP!: winflex printing

On Wed, 28 May 1997 22:40:20 +0200 Peter Bolmhag
<Peter.Bolmehag@lundaforum.se> writes:

>hi!
>
>Could someone who has got a working Winflex with Print-to-fax. I can
>do
>most things but not that. I don't get a conenction between the printer
>and
>the WinFlex program.
>
>What kind of postscript printer should I install?

I'd suggest an Apple LaserWrite

>How should I configure it?

OK, here goes...
Use the standard Win95 procedure to add a printer:
	1)  Open the Printers folder under the My Computer Icon on the
desktop
	2)  Select Add Printer
	3)  Select Local Printer
	4)  When the system asks you to select a port, select File
	5)  Name the printer something descriptive ("HylaFAX"?)
	6)  Don't bother sending a test page
Once the printer is installed, right click on it and open the Properties
menu.  Select Details, then add a local port.  The port is just a
temporary file where the postscript information will live until Winflex
sends it to the server.  I'd suggest something like
/tmp/faxspool.

Then, start up Winflex, go into file / settings, and fill out the print
to fax area to point to your faxspool file.

Two gotcha's:  make sure the fax/etc/hosts file on the server is set up
to allow fax access by your clients, and edit the c:\windows\services
file to add the ports and service names for the fax server.

That said, I recommend using the Win95 client, WHFC.  It's a little
buggy, but it has a phonebook and is more attractive for your users.  The
URL is in the Hylafax FAQ.

>I get errors from Windows 95 when trying to print.

Gosh, who doesn't :)

>Peter

Good Luck!

				Chuck Stuart