Re: Wordperfect - Fax

[On 28 May 97 11:20 -0600, jcs@travelsurf.com wrote:]

>But I want to automate this process a little bit more.  I hope my
>end-users can use wordperfect just like they did before, save their
>document as WP document.  And if they want to send a fax, they just have
>to type : sendfax -d #number <wpfile>
>
>In order to do that, the typerules must call the wprint command comes with
>WP, but when I issue the following command and hoping the wprint will
>generate a postscript file for me ( hplj3pps.prs is the postscript printer
>driver I am using )
>
>	wprint -f tmp.dsk -p hplj3pps.prs mydoc
>
>The system did nothing and I cannot find the tmp.dsk anywhere. So I change
>the command to :

You didn't specify a port name, consequently, according to the wprint
docs, the job would go to the selected printer as specified in your
.wp51.set file, or the system selected printer if no .wp51.set is found.

>	wprint -f tmp.dsk -o Disk -p hplj3pps.prs mydoc
>
>Now, the system complain about the -o argument not correct.  I try few
>different name for the -o, all return the same complain.  So, have any one
>try this before, and what exactly the wprint is expecting from -o option.

We're using wp 5.1 on SCO UNIX and in this version, wprint does not
understand -f.  Instead, it uses -i <file> to specify the output file.
-i also implies "disk" as the port name.  The following works for me:

Since in your version of wp, -f seems to have the same meaning as -i in
our version, try eliminating the -o from your command line above.  I.e.:

	wprint -f tmp.dsk -p hplj3pps.prs mydoc

Roger

--
Roger Cornelius        rac@tenzing.org