mgetty integration: callback

Dear readers,
	you can call me maniac, but I really love both hylafax and mgetty,
and I'd like to have both of them running with full features along each
other. The only problem I'm still facing is the callback one: if I try to
have mgetty do a callback, since I run faxgetty from init, the callback
program cannot signal a running mgetty and have it compose the number.
Now, faxgetty is able to do that, and I'd like to know how do I do to
write a program which asks faxgetty to compose a number, and then to spawn
a getty of my choice. Is it possible? I think it could be very useful, to
save some money on my own, and have a better security management for root
login.

Yours,

lorenzo