Re: WinFlex errors

> I don't know if I should be using WinFlex or if there are newer clients,
> but here is how I do it, and the erors I get.
>
> I am printing to an Apple LaserWriter (Postcript) which is printing to a
> spool file, which my WinFlex auto sends.  My winflex seems to be working
> and connecting to my fax server fine, but The fax server can't proccess the
> Windows generated Poscript files.  Could this be a setup problem in my
> Postscript setting in windows, or maybe an incompatiablity with my GS?
>
> My server is Linux, with:
> Ghostscript version 2.6.2 (4/19/95)
> Copyright (C) 1990-1995 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.

Win95 generates some strange stuff in the postscript output.  GS 4.0.x
will tolerate most of it (and has better fonts too).

> Error: /undefined in BreakIntoLines

I've seen problems with winflex where you put something in the
'comments' field of the cover page that won't fit on a single line.
Try leaving that field blank.

> I manually ran those 2 docs through the bin/ps2fax, and got the error for
> the cover page, not the other one.  The other page gave me:
> %%[ PrinterError: Low Printer VM ]%%,

This one is from Win95 and old versions of GS.

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com