Re: Merge of fax cover and content

Hi,

I am running HylaFAX 4.0pl1 on a RS6000, running AIX 3.2.5.  I have
recently set up my system as a "Cell" on the TPC world wide email->free
fax service.

In the "glue" programs that came with the TPC interface, there is something
that is similar to what has been discussed here.

There is a default cover page that is used.  As a TPC Cell operator, we
are entitled to use 1/3 of the cover page as advertising.  To enable this,
we simply have to generate an eps file and place it in a directory with a
certain name.

The perl programs pick up this eps file and attaches it to the fax cover
page so that it appears on the bottom 1/3 of the page.

It has been designed so that different phone numbers can have different adds,
so this is all done on the fly, by putting together bits of postscript.

I must confess that I have not done this yet, as there is only 24 hours in
the day.  However, I know that at least SOME of the TPC Cell's are taking
advantage of this.

So, the groundwork is in place to do this, or at least a model that could be
used to accomplish what you want.

The URL to get to the TPC home page is:

http://www.tpc.int/

I hope this helps out a bit.

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.