Re: modem locking .. I am missing something!

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Todd T. Fries wrote:

> holly# ls -l /dev/modem
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 uucp     uucp            9 May 20 17:19 /dev/modem -> /dev/cua0

Have you got another process using /dev/cua0? ie getty?

[As an aside, I am of the opinion that a symbolic link from /dev/modem
 to /dev/cua0 is a bad idea since any lock files generated by any
 *getty programs will have a name that doesn't easily indicate just
 which device it is acutally locking]
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460