Re: Problems send fax. (free BSD)

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Amacias Toledo Reyes wrote:

> hello folks
>
> I am using hylafax  in my server freeBDS, the works correctly if he
> sent  fax to another computer that I have the service of fax or to a
> telefax  where they don't  get up the telephone.
>
> But has the following problems:
>
> When he sent fax to a telefax occurs that apparently in the machine  remote
> fax  get up the telephone when this stamps; the communication is interrupted
> and this same occur every  time that the server attempts to send the fax;
> like result the fax never will be sent to their destination, until is
> returned to the user for  email, when it finish their time in the server.
>
> How could I make so that hylafax requests or detects the tone of fax  in
> the machine remote fax,  almost all the fax sent do they be miscarried for
> this problem?.

You haven't indicated just exactly what sort of comm errors you are
getting. You'll have to include syslogd trace. Read the Troubleshooting
FAQ on how to do this.

[snip]
> Other problem that happen in my system is when the remote fax,it is not an
> number direct else an extension, where first has to dial the  numbers of
> telephone of the PBX and later the extension, if  write  this numbers
> continuous, the servant dials this numbers of telephone  and n't establish
> communication. How I could do so that the hylafax dials  the numbers of
> telephone, makes a pause and later dials the extension  where meets the
> machine fax.

The simplest way to fix this is for the people on the other end to
reconfigure their PABX so that there's a direct number to their fax
line.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460