Re: Scheduler not running

At 12:14 PM 5/9/97 EDT, raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu wrote:
>Jeffrey, run an "fuser /usr/sbin/faxq" or wherever faxq is on your
>system to see if it is actually running.  Have you run faxsetup
>to set up all your FIFO's correctly?

I ran your command line:

rudolph$ fuser /usr/local/sbin/faxq
rudolph$ faxstat -a
HylaFAX scheduler on rudolph.internautics.net: Not running

When I run faxsetup, I get the following:

rudolph$ faxsetup

Warning: /bin/vgetty does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    /bin/vgetty

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The
HylaFAX software optionally uses this program and the fact that
it does not exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the
program resides in a different location and you do not want to
install a symbolic link for /bin/vgetty that points to your program
then you must reconfigure and rebuild HylaFAX from source code.

Warning: /bin/egetty does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    /bin/egetty

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The
HylaFAX software optionally uses this program and the fact that
it does not exist on the system is not a fatal error.  If the
program resides in a different location and you do not want to
install a symbolic link for /bin/egetty that points to your program
then you must reconfigure and rebuild HylaFAX from source code.

Make /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax a link to /var/spool/fax/bin/ps2fax.gs.

Modem support functions written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.modem.
Configuration parameters written to /var/spool/fax/etc/setup.cache.

Restarting HylaFAX server processes.
Should I restart the HylaFAX server processes [yes]?

/usr/local/sbin/faxq

You do not appear to be using faxgetty to notify the HylaFAX scheduler
about new modems and/or their status.  This means that you must use the
faxmodem program to inform the new faxq process about the modems you
want to have scheduled by HylaFAX.  Beware that if you have modems that
require non-default capabilities specified to faxmodem then you should
read faxmodem(1M) manual page and do this work yourself (since this
script is not intelligent enough to automatically figure out the modem
capabilities and supply the appropriate arguments).

Should I run faxmodem for each configured modem [yes]?
/usr/local/sbin/faxmodem ttyS1

Done verifying system setup.
rudolph$

--
Jeffrey K. Bray				InterNautics Inc.
Creative Services Manager		P.O. Box 22097