Re: faxgetty

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, jens martens wrote:

> my problem:
> sunsparc5 with HylaFAX 4.
> everything works fine(send+recieve)!
>
>  - but - ahem, how can i implement
> the command "faxgetty ttyb" so it works at startup?
>
> (ttyb was configured with admintool)
> so far i always the command "faxgetty ttyb" by hand (dont laugh)

I am assuming your running Solaris 2.x, if your are running 1.x it is
similer.  Both of them are in the documentation.

Add this line to /etc/inittab
fg:3:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty tty3

teh fields are (from inittab man page)
unique identifier : when you wnat it to be started : what you want started.

NOTE I found that I got "responing to rapidly" messages with I finally
tracked down to the fact that /usr/local/lib is NOT in the standard LD
path, so it couldn't find the libtiff libiary, although I could run it
from the command line.  I had to move libtiff to /usr/lib.

David A. Smith                          | Baylor College of Medicine
Systems Services                        | Enterprise Services, MEDT1103
(713) 798-4560                          | One Baylor Plaza
Internet:  david@bcm.tmc.edu            | Houston, TX  77030