Re: Limiting retries in certain cases

Owen Sullivan wrote:

    We are using v3 of HylaFAX.  We have not upgraded to v4 because we
    have written a GSM short message to Fax tool on top of HylaFAX, and
    don't want to upgrade HylaFAX until we upgrade our tool.

    Everything works OK, but users sometimes accidentally send a fax to
    a telephone instead of a fax machine.  The error that appears in this
    case in the syslog file is "Unspecified Transmit Phase B error" and
    also "T.30 T1 timeout".

    I would like to configure HylaFAX so that it does not retry on this
    type of error, while still allowing it to try 3 times on receipt of
    a busy signal. I know about the MaxDials, MaxTries, and
    NoCarrierRetrys parameters that can be set in /var/spool/fax/etc/config,
    but none of these seem to be what I need.

    Is there any way to do this?  Thanks.

Please show me a session-log of such a call directed to a voice
telephone instead of a fax machine.

	matthias