Re: Some Problems with compiling on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 and SunPRO C++...

Hello Jonathan,

You (Jonathan Chen) write:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Matthias Pfuetzner wrote:
> > You (Jonathan Chen) write:
> > > Set
> > >
> > > 	CXX="/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC +.c++"
> > >
> > > or whatever the option is to tell your C++ compiler that .c++ files are
> > > valid C++ files
> >
> > That's exactly the problem, there is NO such option! And that's the reason,
> > why in the first place, this config.site contains such "workarounds".... ;-(
> >
> > But this workaround is for version 3.0 of the Sun CC compiler, the "current"
> > version is 4.x... ;-(
>
> Well, the next simplest solution would be for you to install gcc/g++
> and use that to compile HylaFAX. The other not-so-simple solution would
> be for you to rename all the C++ files and poke the Makefiles with your
> changes.
>
> Both options really look bad, don't they? ;-(

Yes... ;-)

I do have gcc 2.7.2 available with all the stuff I'd need, but: I'd like to
use Sun's CC because it uses standard Sun shared libs in standard places, so
that I can use the compiled stuff (when no errors and warnings will arouse
during compilation) on all future Solaris versions (and log a bug report
against Sun provided tools, and not having to tweak HylaFAX sources!)... (BTW:
I'm doing Solaris 2.6 Beta test, and that's one of the reason why I no longer
want to use gcc... One other is, that there seems no real further development
of gcc (is there an Ultra-Sparc version? Or a version for native IRIX 6.2? Or
a version for the 64 bit version of IRIX 6.2 (IRIX646)? Just to ask some
questions concerning gcc/g++... ;-) )).

I'd hoped, I might find anyone out there in netland who had done all that
already, but it seems, I have to do it... And due to the fact, that the actual
versions of Sun's C/C++ Compilers don't accept .c++ as an extension I have to
tweak the Makefiles in order to add some "renaming stuff"...

Or is there still someone out there who actually already did it?

Sincerly,
        Matthias
--
     Matthias Pfützner     | pfuetzner@igd.fhg.de  | Manche Frauen sind