Re: [Q] Current status of HylaFax Commercialization

Jonathan Chen wrote:

    On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Taehwan Weon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > While reading mails from flex-fax mailing list,
    > I am wondering if there is any company commercializing the HylaFax
    > package for UNIX, Win NT, etc.

    Why would we want to do this when we can get it for free?

You can get the source and the binaries for some systems
for free together with the support from the folks from the
list and also sometimes patches and fixes :-).
I can imagine that customers want to pay for the software
and for support if they need it (e.g. a problem must be
fixed in 24 hours).

    > I think HylaFax is very powerful in that it is developed in
    > a modularized manner and can be easily integrated to other
    > applications.

    Now there's a project you can take up.

    > We were succeeded in integrating it with Oracle database and WWW.
    > We are interested in commercializing the product. Who in Internet is also
    > interested in such a work ?

    You better make sure you don't violate the copyrights.

>From the HylaFAX's copyright:
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee

Check the file COPYRIGHT for the complete copright note.

	matthias