Re: Problems installing modem with faxaddmodem

Ales Tancer wrote:

    HI!

    	My name is Ales and i'm new with HylaFax. I have a problem with
    installing fax device for use in HylaFax. I've got source code of
    HylaFax v4.0p11alpha022. I compiled it under Linux (RedHat 4.0 -
    Colgate). There are two modems in my computer. First one is USRobotics
    Sporster 28.8K (internal) and some kind of ISDN modem. ISDN modem is not
    important in this case, because i want to use HylaFax with USR. Whole
    instalation went smooth only there was a problem when HylaFax should
    create a user acc named fax. So i created it my self and run faxsetup

You have to make sure that the user "fax" has the same uid as
the user "uucp".

    again. The modem is on COM3 - ttyS2. So i simply typed ttyS2 and all the
    stuff that is needed to setup modem. Faxaddmodem checks speed of modem
    and it stops at 19200. But after choosing speed i get messege "Modem is
    not responding....". Modem is not on a direct line, but on a phone
    central so i must first dial 9 to get a dial tone and then rest of
    numbers. I thought that faxaddmodem is checking for dial tone and i
    don't know where to tell him to dial 9 and then check for a dial tone.

faxaddmodem(1M) has nothing to do with your PBX. It even works if
the modem is not connected to a phone line. Read the troble-shooting
section of the source html files or the FAQ at
http://www.vix.com/hylafax/FAQ to learn what's to do to solve your
problem.

	matthias