No cover page

Greetings.

	I have just installed Hylafax v4.0pl1 on two Linux boxes, running
kernel v2.0.18 and v2.0.27.  The tiff libraries were compiled, installed,
and verified prior to the  Hylafax installation.  Ghostscript is also
installed and functional.

	The problem I'm having is that neither machine generates cover
sheets for the faxes, whether I send them direct from the command line or
indirectly from the Whfc or winflex clients.  One of the installations,
on kernel v2.0.27, simply ignores the cover page conversion - other faxes
are converted and sent without incident.  The other installation ignores
the cover page when faxes are sent from the Windoze clients.  It attempts
to send cover pages when run from the command line, with mixed success:
usually, the format conversion will fail.  If I use sendfax to send the
cover page file, the conversion works properly.

	I've been through the documentation several times, as well as
doing extensive searches in the mail archive - I'm stumped.  Does anyone
out there have any ideas?

				Chuck Stuart
				charles.stuart@juno.com