Re: WHFC 0.3a and Win95

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:

>> For some time now, I've been trying to get WHFC to work, without any
>> success. What would happen is that I'd print a Word document to the
>> FaxPrinter, whfc would then pop up and ask for a destination; and at
>> that point it freezes.
>>
>> I'd hoped that the latest version 0.3a would solve the program freeze;
>> no luck. Has anyone around here experienced the same problem - and
>> solved it?
>
>Hah. After playing around with it some more, the problem appears to be
>that you *must* specify a file for `Faxcover'. I've put the one from
>the HylaFAX distribution in (although *that* doesn't work), and left
>the `Use Faxcover' box unchecked. It appears to work now..
>It may be nice to find a working faxcover file...

This didn't solve my lockup problem.  Are you sure you didn't change
something else along the way?

I have the identical problem, and I know my faxcover file works fine (I've
used it for well over a year).  I tried unchecking "Use Faxcover" to see if
I could stop the lockup, but it didn't work for me.  (btw, the cover
template from the hylafax distribution works for me as well)

I did get it to not lockup one time by deleting the winhfax.ini file and
retyping in the user settings.  The second time I tried to fax it locked up
though.

Tony

Tony Poole  Traverse City, MI USA  tony@umcc.umich.edu  tony@cherry1.trv.mi.us