Re: Opening Tiff files on Win95(ie dos) machines

At 10.28 01/04/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm attempting to set up a fax server for a small lan of 25 machines. My
>server is a linux box running kernel 2.00 (Slackware). The client
>machines are all Win95 machines which I am going to use Flexfax as the
>client program. I've intalled hylafax, upgraded to ghostscipt 4.03, and
>have everything working, except for the following problem:
>
>Problem:  Opening hylafax tiff files on the client machines: When
>sending received faxes to a Win95 client - (as tiff files), the dos tiff
>viewers return the error "Invalid Huffman Code" when trying to open the
>tiff. The "viewfax" program on the linux box is able to open and view
>the same file - so I know the file if not corrupted. Are the tiff files
>created by the hylafax/tiff progams compatable with the dos tiff format?
>Alternatively, is there a windows viewer for viewing hylafax faxes? Am I
>completely on the wrong track?

Hi,

try http://www.mis2.udel.edu/~terence/tiffview/

Regards,

Andrea Gabellini

>I realize that one alternative is to convert the tiff files back to
>postscript - however, I would like to avoid doing that.

| Staff Omniway               | E-mail : staff@intelcom.sm              |
| Intelcom S.p.A.             | Tel.     0549 886111 (Italy)            |
| Strada degli Angariari, 3   | Fax      0549 908654 (Italy)            |
| 47031 Rovereta              | Tel.     +378 886111 (international)    |
| Republic of San Marino      | Fax      +378 908654 (international)    |